A quality waterproof printed version of this map available for sale at local bike shop Santiam Bicycle or Venti’s Cafe in Salem, Oregon or you can pick one up at the A&N Home Town Grocery store in Falls City, Oregon.
Proceeds from map sales go to BRMBA / Black Rock trails for ongoing trail maintenance and projects.
Please drive within posted speed limits on paved and gravel roads. Please keep in mind that bikes on vehicles represent all bikers. Dust kicked up on local roads impact our neighbors quality of life and reflect negatively upon us as a group when you speed past their houses. Please respect the peace of our neighbors and wave when you pass cars or people.
Driving directions to the trailhead from I-5 / Salem (drive time: 50-60 minutes):
- From I-5, take exit 258 (North Salem / Fairgrounds / Amphitheater)
- Turn Southwest onto Portland RD
- Continue on Portland RD to Marion Street (follow signs for “Dallas / Ocean Beaches”)
- Turn onto Marion Street heading West to reach OR-22 WEST (you’ll leave town over Marion Street bridge)
- Continue on OR-22 West to Dallas (approx. 9 miles from Salem)
- Turn left off OR-22, continue on Ellendale AVE (follow Kings Valley / Falls City signs)
- In Dallas, bear left onto MAIN ST (you’ll see sign for OR-223 SOUTH)
- Turn right onto FAIRVIEW AVE – which becomes OR-223 South – follow out of town
- Continue on OR-223 South to Falls City RD (approx. 9 miles from Dallas)
- Turn right onto Falls City RD, continue to Falls City
In Falls City…
- Continue west on main road through town
- Bear right before bridge onto Mitchell (do not cross bridge)
- Continue up short hill, Turn left onto dirt road and mark your odometer
- Follow river about 3 miles, DRIVE CAREFULLY – this is Black Rock Road and used for logging operations
- Turn right just past “Camp Tapawingo” sign
- Continue ~250 yards, crossing over bridge / park at small area to the right
- Do not drive past the gate – even if it is open
You’ll see wooden Black Rock Trail sign. See trail map for details about where to ride! Have fun!